Today, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) announces that on August 17, 2015, it is opening its mortgagee registration process for onboarding to its Electronic Appraisal Delivery (EAD) portal. Beginning on this date, mortgagees can register for one of seven available onboarding phases, using the registration capability in FHA’s FHA Connection (FHAC) system.
A web-based technology that enables mortgagees to electronically transmit appraisal data and reports to FHA prior to loan endorsement, the EAD portal promotes quality up-front appraisal data. This, in turn, reduces post-endorsement appraisal data corrections, and makes it easier for mortgagees and others to do business with FHA. The benefits of this electronic technology will be available from FHA to mortgagees for free.
Registering for an Onboarding Phase
To begin using the EAD portal on or before its June 27, 2016 mandatory use date, mortgagees must register for and participate in an onboarding phase. The onboarding phase allows mortgagees to become familiar with the portal and to work through data submissions in a live environment. More information on the onboarding phase, and how to register for a phase in FHAC, is available today on Mortgagee Onboarding Process web page.
FHA strongly encourages mortgagees to register for the earliest possible onboarding phase, and to do so as soon as possible on or after August 17, 2015. By migrating to portal use in an early onboarding phase, a mortgagee will have more time to work within the EAD portal to ensure that their systems, data flow, and operational processes map to portal requirements before the mandatory use date.
To prepare for onboarding, mortgagees should review FHA’s EAD portal pre-recorded, self-paced training resources ahead of the start of their onboarding phase. The following modules are accessible from FHA’s Single Family Archived Webinars web page:
- FHA Training for Lender Users: 100 – FHA Electronic Appraisal Delivery (EAD) Portal
- FHA Training for Lender Administrators: 101 – FHA Electronic Appraisal Delivery (EAD) Portal
- EAD portal Mortgagee Onboarding Process web page at: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/sfh/lender/origination/ead/onboarding
- Fact sheets and user guides available on the Electronic Appraisal Delivery (EAD) Portal web pages at: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/sfh/lender/origination/ead
- Onboarding to the EAD fact sheet
- EAD Administrator Role fact sheet
- EAD Overview, EAD Hard Stop Checks and Error Messages, and EAD Data Formats and Forms fact sheets
- Mortgagee Letter 2015-08 at: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=15-08ml.pdf.
Contact the FHA Resource Center:
- Visit our online knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at www.hud.gov/answers.
- E-mail the FHA Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
- Call 1-800-CALLFHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.